In this climate of heightened precautions, Telemedicine appointments are a convenient, safe way for new and established patients to connect with their dermatologist to get the needed care from their home or office. Telemedicine is a scheduled appointment with our experienced dermatology providers to evaluate and diagnose patient conditions via a smart phone, ipad or personal computer. These virtual appointments are via a HIPPA compliant platform and can be billed to most insurance plans.
In addition to general follow-up appointments, examples of conditions that are can be scheduled via Telemedicine are:
- Localized Rash
Mole checks and generalized rashes (head to toe) require an office visit to accurately diagnose. If you are uncertain if your area of concern is suited for a virtual or office visit, please contact us via email or by phone to speak with our friendly staff.
Here are the steps to a Telemedicine Appointment:
- Schedule a Telemedicine appointment by contacting our office at 253-862-5275 or via email on our website.
- You will receive an email to set up your credentials to your private patient portal SADIO account where you will complete the required documents including insurance information and consent forms. NOTE: You can not complete the consent forms on a smartphone. You must use an Ipad, laptop or computer. If your computer or laptop is not a touchscreen, you will use your mouse to sign the consent forms.
- Our office will be notified when your paperwork is completed. The morning of your appointment , you will receive an email from LARK Dermatology with a link to Doxy.me for the Telemedicine appointment.
- Ten minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, please click on the link to be connected to our virtual waiting room. A member of our team will greet you and get your credit card information to satisfy your co-payment. You will then be connected to your dermatology provider for your virtual visit. In our experience, a smartphone has been the preferred technology.
- At the conclusion of your visit, if needed, items such as prescriptions and labs will be sent. A receipt of your payment will be promptly emailed or texted to you.
At this point, you will be an established patient with LARK Dermatology. Please feel free to call if you have any questions regarding your appointment.